Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hmm... ice....






Shoot, I should have added this to my bucket list so I could have marked it off. I totally went Ice climbing. It was fantastic!! It was a super brisk morning but the ice was good. It's a surreal experience, the other falls I climbed more especially. As I would swing an ice axe above my head into a chunk of ice and have pieces fly off into the air, I pondered how cool it is to stand on a pillar of ice. Chunks of ice would fracture off to fall as I would use the axe, making it all the cooler... I loved it. I totally want to do it again, I'll add more pictures as they are emailed to me.

Oh, and FYI, it was Hyalite Canyon, just south of Bozeman, MT.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Heather said...

That looks amazing! And Greg grew up at the mouth of Hyalite, so that was exciting to hear that you were there. Did you take in any other sites in Bozeman?

Irno said...

I didn't have a chance, we drove in past Bozeman at 8am and left at 5pm. It was a 3+ hour drive each way, a little rough when homework was waiting.

Heather said...

Good point. I forgot that you were already in Rexburg! Greg and I made the trip from Rexburg to Bozeman quite a few times in our Ricks days.

Irno said...

I am sure you did... I didn't know Bozeman was such a pretty area! Gorgeous!