Thursday, June 17, 2010

'I need to wash my hair' and other excuses

I feel like I can vent about something, so I'll post it here for anyone bored enough to peruse my rant.

I just received a return phone call from a girl. She made some comments about how her 'classes were going to be hard' and 'lots of things going on' with her family. While these are likely valid statements; they are no less complete BS. What she really is saying is: 'you aren't someone I feel is worth my valuable time.' Now, this is admittedly a harsh phrasing of her meaning; yet it really grasps its reality. I'll admit that for me, this is a relatively easy thing to accept, as the fact that she doesn't know me is the reason for the rejection. Hence, I can retain me confidence that if she really knew me, there wouldn't be that problem. There is a tinge of regret, as this girl was really going to get the best of my considerable dating expertise; she is someone I find intimidating which results in motivation in planning.

I'll admit that I didn't make it easy for her to ramble through her logical reasons why she doesn't have time for me. I remained silent and attentive to her words while she went through all the reasons she could muster. At the end, I kinda let her have it... with decent restraint, I think. I told her she'd done a good job expressing all her reasons. I then, and I'm really proud of this, I wished her luck with the trials and tribulations of her difficult life and her difficult classes. I may have overstepped things with 'it must be hard to be so busy.' However, I feel pretty good with myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

being gracious sucks, but worth it in the end. ok, i just keep hoping this, but still...